The Copa Academy ID/Team formations are open to all players interested in playing in a competitive environment. This program has been created to provide opportunities for players that need a greater challenge and have the ability, desire and commitment to play with similar minded and ability players. This is a birth year program.
Both of these programs will be managed by Dan Cheeseman, Copa Academy Director of Coaching and Barry Mantle, Competitive Technical Director.
Who should attend?
- Non Copa Academy 2013 players
- 2014 birth year players ready for a greater challenge
- 2014 players that have participated in the 2014 Jr. Copa Academy training program
- Exceptional 2015 birth year players that need the challenge of playing up an age group and meet the Copa Academy criteria
** Current 2013 Copa Academy Players need to register for ID Days but may not be required to attend. All current players will be guaranteed a place in the program. Some team realigning may occur.
What to expect at the ID/Formation Days?
- Players will check in and wear a training pinnie with a number on it
- Players will be welcomed and assigned to training groups
- Each session will include a technical activity and small sided scrimmages
- Players may get moved to different training groups during the session
- Interested Goal keepers will have their own specific session
Pre- Copa Academy ID Clinics
The Pre-Copa Academy ID Clinics are open to all 2013 (non Copa Academy) and 2014 (non Super League) players interested in playing in the Copa Academy program. These clinics are free and an ideal opportunity to practice ahead of the ID Days the week of May 15.
2014 Birth Years
Date: Wednesday, May 11
Location: Southbridge Park (7751 S. Windermere St, Littleton, 80120)
Girls: 4.30 – 5.30pm
Boys: 5.45 – 6.45pm
2013 Birth Years
Date: Thursday, May 12
Location: Gallup Park (6147 S. Gallup St, Littleton, 80120)
Boys: 4.30 – 5.45pm
Girls: 5.45 – 7.00pm
All players must pre-register
Copa Academy ID Days
2013’S: Pre-Register By 5pm On Sunday, May 15
2014’S: Pre-Register By 5pm On Monday, May 16
What to expect after the ID/Formation Day?
- 2013 & 2014 Birth Year: After the team formation evening all players will receive an email within 72 hours regarding placement on a Copa Academy team or within the program or a recommendation to play in the Academy program
- Families will accept or decline the invitation within 48 hours
- Families will register immediately with a small deposit, payment plans are available
- Parents and players will attend a Copa Academy team meeting during the week of June 6